Sicilian Zucchini Noodle Recipe
This Sicilian Zucchini Noodle Recipe is super easy to throw together in one pan in around 25 minutes. It is also a delicious way to eat your veggies and can be made vegan-friendly. If you are trying to reduce carbs, zucchini noodles or “zoodles” are an excellent option instead of traditional pasta. The zucchini noodles are created with a vegetable spiralizer. Still, if you do not own one, that is alright because you can often find spiralized vegetables in many grocery stores’ fruit and vegetable section.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes (depends on if you are spiralizing the noodles yourself)
Cook Time: 11-15 minutes
2 Tbsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Sicilian Seasoning
2 large zucchinis or about 4 cups of store-bought pre-spiralized zucchini
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1½ cups sausage (regular or plant-based)
¼ cup pine nuts
1½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarter pieces.
- Spiralize the zucchini if you did not purchase pre-spiralized zucchini.
- Pour 1/2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil into a large pan, add the pine nuts, and brown the sausage for 6 minutes, making sure to break up large chunks of the sausage.
- Add the Journey Spice Co. Organic Sicilian Seasoning, cut cherry tomatoes, spiralized zucchini, and 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes while continuously stirring to ensure ingredients are evenly mixed and cooked. However, the goal is to not overcook the zucchini noodles to the point of being too limp and soggy. If your zucchini noodles are spaghetti-sized, cook for 4-5 minutes. If your zucchini noodles are more linguine-sized, cook for about 7 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving (only an estimate, depends on the exact ingredients used):
Makes 4 Servings