Mediterranean Kale Salad Recipe
This Mediterranean Kale Salad is a delicious and healthy salad that is perfect for summer and is easy to pack for picnics and lunches.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 ½ Tbsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Mediterranean Herb Blend
1 15 oz. can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups kale (any variety), tightly packed to measure
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water (for cooking the quinoa)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 medium cucumber, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
Juice from 1 lemon
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the packaging, let it cool, and set it aside.
- Wash the kale, remove the stems, and thinly slice it.
- Combine the kale, cucumber, red bell pepper, onion, and chickpeas in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the Journey Spice Co. Organic Mediterranean Herb Blend, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar, and stir until it is a well-blended dressing.
- Add the dressing and quinoa to the large bowl of ingredients and stir well.
- Store unused portions in your refrigerator, and enjoy within four days.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Makes 8 small side salads