Mediterranean Chickpea Soup Recipe
This Mediterranean Chickpea Soup is packed full of nutrients and flavor. It’s hearty enough to eat as a main dish, especially since chickpeas have a decent amount of protein and fiber. In addition, this recipe is easy to make, and it only uses one pot, so there is not a ton of clean-up.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 ½ Tbsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Moroccan Spice Rub
2 15oz. cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1 14oz.-15oz. canned tomatoes, diced
3 cups of vegetable broth
2 cups kale, finely chopped
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and kale and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the Journey Spice Co. Organic Moroccan Spice Rub using a measuring spoon and vegetable broth. Stir everything together well.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy within one week.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Makes 4 Servings