Mediterranean Chickpea Bowl
The Mediterranean Diet has become one of the most popular diets to follow due to the many documented health benefits. The Mediterranean Diet is also a very sustainable diet to follow in the long term as it does not come with nearly as many rules as other popular diets. There is also an endless supply of delicious Mediterranean Diet Recipes, so you never get bored. This Mediterranean Chickpea Bowl is an easy option to throw together on a weeknight.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 ½ tsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Moroccan Spice Rub
15 oz. can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
Two cups baby spinach
1 cup chopped cucumber
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarter pieces
½ cup couscous
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Za’atar
1 ½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the chickpeas on a paper or kitchen towel and gently pat them dry. Remove any loose skins.
- Pour the chickpeas into a medium bowl with the extra virgin olive oil and the Journey Spice Co. Organic Moroccan Spice Rub and mix well.
- Pour the chickpeas onto a baking sheet and bake in your oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook the couscous by following the directions on the packaging.
- Mix together juice squeezed from the lemon, extra virgin olive oil, and Journey Spice Co. Organic Za’atar for the dressing.
- Line the bottom of two bowls with the spinach.
- Mix together the chopped and sliced cucumbers and tomatoes and evenly add to both bowls.
- Evenly add the cooked couscous and roasted chickpeas.
- Evenly top with the dressing and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving:
Makes 2 Servings