Italian Herb Cracker Recipe
This Italian Herb Cracker Recipe can make a delicious and simple snack and is the perfect addition to any charcuterie board. This recipe calls for our Organic Sicilian Seasoning as a savory addition and plenty of extra virgin olive oil. Although this recipe is somewhat time-consuming, it is still a relatively easy recipe to make.
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes (double if doing two batches)
3 Tbsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Sicilian Seasoning
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup warm water
6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra.
Optional: 1 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, water, extra virgin olive oil, salt (if using), and Journey Spice Co. Organic Sicilian Seasoning.
- Knead the ingredients with your hands for 3-4 minutes or until well blended.
- Divide the dough into 6 even balls and lightly coat the balls with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the balls in the large bowl, place a clean dish towel over the bowl, and let the balls sit at room temperature for 35 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take one ball out at a time and flatten thinly with a rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into even shapes with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Lightly spray an oven pan with cooking spray (we prefer extra virgin olive oil spray) and evenly place the dough pieces on the pan. Be careful not to overlap the pieces.
- Poke each piece with a fork a few times to prevent too much puffing.
- Repeat until all of the dough balls are used.
- Bake in your oven for 10-12 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on the crackers while they are cooking because they burn easily.
- Let cool and enjoy! Since these crackers do not have the usual preservatives that store-bought crackers have, it is probably best to store in your refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Per Serving:
1-3mg Sodium (depends if you are using salt)
Makes 8 Servings