Easy Falafel Recipe
Delight your tastebuds with this Easy Falafel Recipe. Falafels are a popular “fast food” in Mediterranean cuisine and have become one of the most ordered items at Mediterranean restaurants throughout the U.S. As you probably know, falafels are delicious, especially if dipping them in hummus or tzatziki sauce and stuffed in pita sandwiches. They are usually deep-fried in vegetable oil, but we wanted to make them healthier by baking them in the oven in this recipe. If you own an air fryer, that would probably work great too!
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 ½ Tbsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Moroccan Spice Rub
1 ½ Tbsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Mediterranean Herb Blend
2 15 oz. cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
3 Tbsp. chickpea flour
1 ½ Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mash the ingredients together until the chickpeas are well-blended. You can accomplish this by using a potato smasher (less to clean up) or a food processor.
- Form the mixture into balls that are about a tablespoon in size. You should get 16 balls total.
- Spray a cookie pan with extra virgin olive oil spray.
- Place the balls onto the cookie pan, lightly pressing down on each ball to make them into “pucks.”
- Lightly spray the falafels with extra virgin olive oil spray before placing them in the oven as this helps them become more crunchy.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Makes 4 Servings