Avocado Toast with Za’atar Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
Have you ever met anyone who doesn’t like avocado toast? We didn’t think so! You probably know that beyond being delicious, avocados are incredibly nutritious. The roasted za’atar cherry tomatoes add an exciting spin, and this is an excellent way to start your morning or even enjoy this recipe as a snack.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 minutes
½ Tbsp. Journey Spice Co. Organic Za’atar
2 pieces of whole wheat bread
1 medium avocado
10 cherry tomatoes
½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. coarse black pepper
Optional: A pinch of crushed red chili pepper flakes
- Toast the bread in a toaster.
- Cut the avocado in half, put one half on each toasted slice of bread and mash the avocado halves to a creamy consistency using a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the heated skillet and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and stir in the Journey Spice Co. Organic Za’atar, black pepper, and crushed red chili pepper flakes if using.
- Add the roasted cherry tomatoes evenly to the slices of avocado toast and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving:
Makes 1 Serving